A friend asked me how I cooked the sushi rice after I posted a photo of my homemade sushi in this blog.
This was my first sushi. Messy but tasty. LOL!
I got the instructions on how to cook sushi rice from the back cover of the roasted seaweed I bought at the grocery. I forgot which brand.
3 cups Japanese rice
1/3 cup rice vinegar
2 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1) Wash the rice well and cook by rice cooker with water.
2) Prepare Sushi Vinegar: combine vinegar, sugar and salt in pan. Use low heat and cook until sugar dissolves. Cool the mixture.
3) Put the cooked hot rice into a wooden bowl by spatula.
4) Sprinkle the Sushi Vinegar over the rice and gently fold to combine.
5) Cool and remove the moisture of the rice well, use a fan as you mix sushi rice. This will give sushi rice a shiny look.
I never thought it's that easy to make a homemade sushi. Now that I know how, I am sure I'd be experimenting with sushi recipe again soon.