That's one of my problem. I make decision so quickly and when I do, there's little someone can do to convince me otherwise.
Last Thursday, I received an email from EJ's summer school. They said the Ministry of Health has advised all schools to close until further notice due to the spread of EV71 or more commonly known as HFMD (Hand, Foot and Mouth Disease) among children.
HFMD, not to be confused with FMD (Foot and Mouth Disease), has been the cause of major panic among parents here in Phnom Penh. According to health authorities, it has been the cause of death of more than 50 children since April this year.
As of last week, I haven't read of any new death caused by this disease but still the fear and paranoia from parents are palpable, especially me.
So what did I do? I booked a return ticket to Manila right away! I made up my mind to stay in Manila while this thing is being sorted by the health authorities. When it comes to EJ's health, it is better to be safe than sorry.
I was already dreaming of the food to stuff myself (LOL!) while "hiding" in Manila, when I received another email from EJ's school last Saturday.
They say, school will open again on Monday. The World Health Organization and Ministry of Health have seen no reason to keep the school closed. In short, there's really no need to panic.
That's good news!
And then I remembered our flight bookings. I panicked (again!) because I thought it was already booked by hubby's company. And if it was, then we will probably need to pay a cancellation fee. But good thing, it still wasn't booked. Big sigh there.
So, lesson learned: Don't make hasty decision. Think things through.
Now, time to plan activities for the kiddo so he won't be bored the remaining days of his summer.