I don't know much about Turkey. And to be honest, I don't know much about the world either. But that does not stop me from wanting to go to every corner of this beautiful, amazing world we live in.
The images I see on the magazines and the stories I read on other travel blogs about Turkey are more than enough to entice me to visit the place someday.
While that turkey holidays are still in the horizon , I am already digging deeper and reading more about the place. It never hurts to learn a new thing or two.
Interesting facts I have gathered from the internet:
1) Turkey's history tells of a 10,000 years of civilization.
2) It has a vast peninsula which links Asia to Europe through the Sea of Marmara and the Straits of Istanbul and Çanakkale.
3) Istanbul is not the capital city of Turkey. It is the city of Ankara, located in Central Turkey.
4) Turkey is the only secular country in the Islamic world
5) St Nicolas – the original Santa Claus – was born in Patara in Turkey and has a church dedicated to him in Demre.
Must visit in Turkey, which I got from the internet. Note to myself: read more about these places.
2) Hierapolis and Pamukkale
5) Sumela Monastery
The more I read about Turkey, the more I am excited to visit the place. I am hoping my boys and I can go to Turkey sooner than later.
Have you been to Turkey?